Mid-September, our beloved volunteer team from Southbridge
Fellowship in Raleigh, North Carolina, came to visit and work with us here.
They put on two youth events, visited an orphanage, and spent a week in three
villages in the south teaching on health, leadership, lessons from the book of
James, and sharing worship songs with the villagers.
Their coming was a double blessing for me, because along
with seeing them and ministering alongside them, I was also able to visit the
villages in the south, which I am able to visit only a few times a year. Kelli,
one of the team members, is a Physician’s Assistant, and I had the privilege of
going “hut-to-hut” with her, visiting women in their homes and talking about
health issues they and their families face. Christina, another woman from our
team, and Ando, a member of our church who helped us with translating, were
also a part of these visits, and the time with them and the village women was
truly precious. I learned so much during these visits—I had conversations with
women about topics I have rarely discussed with American women, much less
Malagasy women. Kelli’s medical expertise truly opened doors I wouldn’t have
expected, and I feel honored that the women in the villages were willing to
share with us some of the things they did.
As I shared, though I am constantly hearing about and
praying for these southern villages, I am actually only able to visit them
rarely. I am so thankful that the Lord gave me this opportunity to connect more
deeply with the women in all three villages—those relationships are precious, and
inspire me to keep praying, and to ask you to pray as well!

No comments:
Post a Comment