Wednesday, December 14, 2011

French Team Fun!!!


Still back-tracking a little . . . this update is for something that happened in July! The French Team came to Tulear!

In July 2010, a team of French believers came to Tana to work with the Malagasy church I was a part of there. We had an amazing time! So, I was REALLY excited when I heard that they were coming back this year . . . and that they were coming to Tulear!


They started in Tana, and then a team of some of my favorite people in Tana brought them down. I got to hang out with them for the whole week! We did some visiting around our church, and I had the chance to share with the team about the storying project and teach them a story to use for evangelism. We also learned a lot together about the culture here in the southwest.


The last night, we did a night of singing and sharing outside our church. It was fun! We sang in French, English and Malagasy; we did skits and told stories. Afterward, we fellowshipped with those who came, and shared some little snacks together.


This time was precious for a few reasons. First, it’s always special to be with such a mix of cultures. French, American, Malagasy from different parts of the island . . . living, working, eating together, and getting to know one another was amazing! 


Also, this came at a perfect time for me personally. After the visits we made around our church, Robine and I were able to continue meeting with several people and doing storying with them. I was excited to think about using the stories, and not only working with groups to craft them, here in Tulear.  And, of course, I was so blessed to be able to hang out with my friends from Tana—they are an amazing group!


No comments:

Post a Comment