Sunday, December 30, 2012

All Together Again!


Two years ago, we hosted a workshop here in Tulear. For the first time, we met with believers from a variety of churches and people groups, and began teaching them the process of crafting Biblical stories. Since then, the groups and I have continued to meet separately, by dialects. Each group is different, but all have been growing and learning, and I’ve been blessed over the last two years to learn from all that they are gleaning from the stories, as well as to watch them share those stories with those around them.

During the first two weeks of December, I had the chance to meet with members of each group together again! We worked through a composite story beginning with creation and spanning to the resurrection of Christ. This story is an amazing testament of the unified consistency of Scripture, and a beautiful picture of God’s plan of redemption from the beginning.

Each night as we studied different segments of the story, I was blessed by all that the believers were learning from it. After we had worked through several parts of it, I split the groups up, and let them repeat it in their dialects.

When we all came back together to share, the groups’ stories were amazing! I remember our first workshop, and how challenging and new the process was for them. I also remember how much they struggled to put the stories into their own words. When they began repeating this story for the larger group, it was beautiful to hear the same concepts and ideas and events in completely different words, phrases, and expressions! Each group, and each individual, was sharing the truths of Scripture from their heart, and in their own words! His Word is so true, and powerful, and life-changing! It is truly a sharp sword, a searing fire, and the rain that falls on hearts to bring about a harvest! I am so, so thankful for the chance the Lord has given me to watch His Word truly enter and transform and grow in the lives of these believers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment