New year’s celebrations are very important here in
Madagascar. All of our churches had parties for prayer, singing, and sharing
special food together! I was with my family in Paris for Christmas, so I missed
all the church celebrations, but I was very thankful to be able to visit three
churches on New Years’ Eve! First, I had a time of worship with the church in
Andakoro, where Pastor Jonoro and Noelle and several others from my
story-crafting groups go. Then, we went to a sort of dance-worship party with
the youth at my church. They LOVE singing and dancing, and they led us in some
games as well. These youth work so hard, and have so much responsibility in our
church—it was nice just to see them having fun! Finally, we met up with some of
our other teammates, as well as a volunteer team from Southwestern Seminary, at
a third church. There, we welcomed in the new year with listening to special
music, hearing some encouraging
Scriptures read, wishing everyone a happy new year, and singing about how our
love for each other glorifies God! Join me in praying that this year, I would
truly love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, and love
others as myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment