Thursday, August 15, 2013

He is the same!


Leaving Madagascar was hard. The Lord truly blessed me while I was there with His guidance, faithful presence, and with some of the most precious relationships of my life. It’s a little hard to imagine living away from there. As far as being back, it’s definitely an adjustment.

The reality is, though, that Jesus is the same, yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). He is present not only in Madagascar, but here in the United States—He is present in me by His Holy Spirit! What a precious truth! One of my favorite passages is still true:

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
You make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    
Surely I have a delightful inheritance.
- Psalm 16:5-6

He is the One who led me to Madagascar, and He’s now led me home to the US. He’s the One laying down the boundary lines of my life, and I can trust Him to do this according to His good plan. I can trust in Him alone as my portion—not where I live, or what I do, or even who I am, but who He is. And He never changes.

So when I think about the last almost five years in Madagascar, all I can express is a deep, sure thankfulness for all that He’s done, and who He is, for the incredible people and the life-changing experiences. I will never be the same! And I’ll keep trusting Him to take me on with Him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment