Friday, August 16, 2013

So, what's next?


It’s halfway through August. Five years ago, I started training in Virginia to go to Madagascar. Five weeks ago, I said my goodbyes in Madagascar, and came back to start learning how to live in America again.

I have so much to be thankful for—let me tell you about how the lines are falling, the portions of blessing He’s continuing to pour out on me!

I started my new job this week, my first real job with hours and a uniform and training videos . . . so if you’re local to Fernandina Beach, come on to Chic-Fil-A and visit me! :)

I’m continuing my online seminary classes too, and am looking forward to visiting the campus of Southeastern Seminary in North Carolina this fall. I’m hoping to return overseas, maybe even to Madagascar, in the next five years. Of course that's my plan -- He may have a different one :) Pray for me to truly trust Him step by step. 

I’m thankful for time at home with my family, friends, and with my church, who have all supported me and the ministry in Madagascar so faithfully over the last five years.

And I’m thankful for a new relationship the Lord has brought into my life ;) Nathan, you’re awesome!

Thank you, all of you who’ve been reading and praying over the last few years. Nothing can be done without prayer. Your support means so, so much to me! He has done, and continues to do, great things! To stay connected to all He’s doing in Madagascar, check out our team blog: madaboutstories.com

I’ll still be using my blog here. I have a lot to process from the time in Madagascar, a lot of stories yet untold. I also have some new thoughts, stemming from parts of life here in the US that have already caught me by surprise. I have to admit that this place feels strange. I’m confused, and at times bombarded with aspects of life here that I never noticed before.

Living in Madagascar, putting faith into practice seemed like a tangible, daily reality. In returning, I’ve been afraid of losing my bearings, losing the truths I believe He taught me over the last five years. The truth is, I don’t really know how to live here anymore.

However, I believe that God has brought me here to live, and also to give, to pour out, to thrive! He will not fail me!

So here’s me trying to figure out how to do that, while still remaining true to all He’s worked in my life over the last five years. I want to share some of this process. I welcome your thoughts, prayers and comments all along the way! :)  

1 comment: