It has been shamefully long since my last blog post. No excuses . . . let’s just move on and I’ll try to catch us up! :) Watch out, this might be a long one!
The Lord was incredibly faithful during and after the
cyclone to help us recover and help as we could. Continue to pray for the many
villages who lost much of their harvests, and for wisdom for our team.
We had a meeting in Tana, and this was a great time of fellowship, but was also bittersweet in starting to say some goodbyes. Part of our team moved to their place of ministry when we got back--so exciting to see the Lord expanding His work through them!
We had a meeting in Tana, and this was a great time of fellowship, but was also bittersweet in starting to say some goodbyes. Part of our team moved to their place of ministry when we got back--so exciting to see the Lord expanding His work through them!
God truly blessed. I was able to meet with the storytellers
daily, and we revised all the stories. The group met on their own, and the
leaders did a wonderful job leading them in working through a new story. Also,
I was able to spend special times with the believers’ families, which was a precious
gift from the Lord as I prepared to leave Madagascar.
When I returned to Tulear, we had a celebration with all the
storying groups in Tulear. Each group prepared several stories to tell, and we
listened to stories, sang praise songs, prayed for one another, and praised God
for all that He has accomplished in the storying project and in our lives in
the last few years!
For the next few weeks, the groups and I met often to try to
wrap things up. We revised, re-recorded, and then other friends helped me
check, transcribe and type the stories in dialect. One friend from my church,
Ando, spent hours, even days, with me over several weeks typing out all the
stories, and helping me check them. My team went all over the place finding
people to make final recordings, going back and forth to the print shop,
compiling binders, loading recordings onto our solar-powered audio machines,
and even helping me pack and get rid of things! Basically that last six weeks
was a blur of activity and effort finishing the stories, as well as getting
myself ready to leave, and everyone worked tirelessly to help me! I felt
incredibly loved and supported.
We also had a volunteer team who led a Bible study weekend
with the youth from many of our churches. This was a precious time of watching
God’s Word work in the lives of Malagasy people, and the team were a great
encouragement to us as well! I was able to travel with that group down to the
southern villages, and say my goodbyes there. I’m thankful for the
relationships the Lord gave me in the southern villages. Though I was only able
to visit them a few times over the last few years, their growth has been
precious to watch, and I’m glad to have names and faces to pray for.
The day before I left, our team went to the beach, and then
had dinner together and played games. This group of people have truly become
family over the last few years, and I’m so thankful for each of them—for the
precious memories, faithful friendship, and all that the Lord has taught me
through each of them—love you guys!!
I spent a couple of days in Tana on my way out. I was
blessed to be able to reconnect with my church there, have lunch with a
pastor’s family who I became close to, and spend a few days with Malagasy
friends and my supervisor’s family.
My sweet friend Tahina, as well as Matt, my supervisor in
Tana, saw me off at the airport in Tana, and about 35 hours later, my family
met me at the Jacksonville airport. I knew that leaving would be a lot to
process . . . still working on that :) But I was, and am, so very thankful for
all the Lord did, and all the ways He blessed me, in Madagascar, and I was, and
am, hoping in His presence into the future, and trying to be faithful in
trusting that alone.

No comments:
Post a Comment