Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful for an amazing team!


Our team here in Tulear is growing by leaps and bounds! Over the last few months, it’s been amazing to watch God bring person after person, family after family to the southwest! Now we’re all here (though still with some on the way :), and starting to settle in.


Last week we took a team retreat up to Isalo National Park, a beautiful park near Tulear full of fascinating rock formations and wide-open spaces! We had fun hiking, swimming, repelling, playing games, and making s’mores around the fire!





One of the things I love most about our team is the families—our team is currently 1/3 children, with more on the way! I’m thankful and encouraged to be a part of multi-generational work here in Tulear through these families!


Though our retreat was action-packed, I was blessed with some good prayer times, both by myself and with others. My summer has been so, so busy, and I think these times of prayer were just what I needed to bring me back into the abiding fellowship with Him I need.

Since we’ve been back, I’ve been excited to see rejuvenation in my own life, and I think in others’ too. We started a monthly team worship the first Sunday evening we were back, and the experience of listening to teaching, studying Scripture, and praising Him with the people I work with was very precious. Also, it’s amazing to see how gifted each member of our team is—and to recognize that we are uniquely gifted. Because of this, we can pray that we will live out Hebrews 10:23-25:

23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

I can look back over the last year and see that each member of our team has “spurred me on” in some unique way, and I’m so thankful for that! Pray that we will each continue to grow, to encourage each other, and to work together to see His plans accomplished here—He is the One who is faithful!





1 comment:

  1. We are so thankful for you too, Tessa! I'm so glad that we are here in Toliara together :)

    ReplyDelete