Last weekend, I went up to Tana for a wedding. It was a whirlwind trip! I left Friday morning on a taxi-brousse, a bus literally packed with people, with all the luggage piled on top.
About 20 hours later, I arrived in Tana! Some friends from my church in Tana had agreed to let me stay with them, so I stopped by their house, joined them for breakfast and getting ready, and then headed to the church.
The wedding was precious! Mioty and her bridesmaids all looked beautiful, and it was wonderful to see my church family from Tana. The bride and groom sang a duet . . . Malagasy people, in general, have beautiful voices, and I definitely teared up listening to them say their vows to one another—maybe this is from being newly engaged? :)
The reception was fun too! One of my pastors from Tana was the MC, and girls from my church choir there sang lots of fun songs. Also, I was able to catch up with several friends, one in particular who is from a town near the capital city, but is serving as a missionary in the central rainforest area of Madagascar. Talking with her was such an encouragement, and a reminder to pray for her work as well.
I went to my church in Tana the next morning, and everyone was excited to hear about my engagement. In the afternoon, I headed back to Tulear on another 20-hour bus trip!
I had lots of time to think on the bus . . . and really, I think I’m just marveling at the time that the Lord has given me here. I’ve never been someone who gets close to people quickly . . . but He has given me enough time here to really be a part of people’s lives, to see babies born, people be married . . . and I’m just thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment